Services provided by the department
- Assessment and therapy is provided for adults with communication difficulties caused by acquired neurological conditions.
- Assessment and advice is provided for people with swallowing difficulties
- Support and advice provided to carers of those affected by swallowing / communication difficulties.
- Training and advice for staff working with people affected by neurological problems.
- Assessment for communication aids.
- Discharge planning and handover to community services.
- Specialist swallowing assessments are available e.g. videofluoroscopy
- An outpatient service is provided for adults and children with voice difficulties following a referral and opinion from ENT.
- Specialist swallowing assessments are available e.g. videofluoroscopy (OP service currently suspended)
Our Clinical Team
The consulting team in the department are:
|Ciara Tilley||Therapy Lead for Dietetics & Speech and Language Therapy|
|Caroline Goodger||Clinical Lead for Inpatient Dietetics & Speech and Language Therapy Services|
|Sarah Havard||Clinical Lead for Outpatient Dietetics & Speech and Language Therapy Services|
St Peter’s – 01932 722868
For therapy following ENT assessment, the service is located on level 3 outpatient area 5.
The main office is located in the therapies area on level 2.
Map of St Peter's Hospital