Ashford and St Peter's values its volunteers highly and we treat our volunteers in similar ways to salaried employees.
As a volunteer, you will be giving your time, experience and commitment for free. Your help makes a real difference and we appreciate this.
Below we have set out the principles of the relationship between you the volunteer, and the Trust.
We, Ashford & St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (ASPH) will do our best:
- To introduce you to how the Trust works and your role in it and to provide any training you need.
- To try to resolve fairly any problems, grievances and difficulties you may have while you volunteer with us.
- To provide adequate insurance cover for you whilst undertaking voluntary work approved and authorised by us.
As a volunteer we expect you:
- To keep to the agreed volunteer role and agreed times of attendance as far as possible.
- To follow the Trust’s policies and procedures including health and safety, I.G (confidentiality), equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion.
- To work in partnership with other people in the Trust.
- To inform the staff in the department you are working in if you are unable to attend the placement for any reason.
- To agree to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all information including and in particular patient identifiable information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation.
- To agree to abide by the Confidentiality declaration on the reverse side of this agreement.
- To undertake any training identified as necessary to carry out your role.