On Wednesday 25 September, Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (ASPH) held their annual Staff Achievement Awards at the Cobham Hilton to celebrate and recognise the exceptional contributions and dedication of colleagues who have gone above and beyond. As part of the celebrations, we also recognised those with long service awards for 25, 30 and 35 years’ service.
This year, the event was hosted by North West Surrey Alliance Chief Officer, Jack Wagstaff. Our Deputy Chair, John Machin and Chief Executive Julie Smith presented the awards to our staff and volunteers.
The categories and winners were:
- Best Team Member Award - Kumar Gurung, Housekeeping Assistant, Based in A&E
- Innovation and Improvement Award – Jay Acharya, Physician Associate, Care of the Elderly
- Inspiring Leader Award - Dr Arani Chandrakumar, Consultant, Dermatology
- Patients First Award - Emily McKillop, Speech and Language Therapist, Therapies Stroke and Neurotherapies
- Pride in our Team Award Winner - IT and PACS Team
- Personal Responsibility Award - Dr Helena Robbins, Consultant, Gastroenterology
- Passion for Excellence Award - Dr Martin Raymond, Consultant, Anaesthetics Medical Staff
- Partnership Across the Alliance Award - The Knowledge Service Team
- Unsung Hero Award - Nobert Makamba, Workforce Analyst, Workforce Planning and Intelligence
- Volunteer of the Year Award - Peter Maskell, Volunteer
- Chief Executive’s Award - Katy Ellis, Midwife, Maternity
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Dr Champa Sumanasuriya, Consultant, Neuro Rehabilitation
Julie Smith, Chief Executive of Ashford and St Peter’s: “This annual event is a great way for us to show our appreciation for the dedicated and committed staff that make up Team ASPH and I’m honoured to have been a part of these celebrations to shine a light on their remarkable achievements. The Trust has a bright future and, with our partners, will play a vital role in the integrated healthcare model in North West Surrey. It was great to see the introduction of the new award category ‘Partnership Across the Alliance’ to highlight the amazing partnership and integrated work that is happening in North West Surrey.”