The patient menus are rotated on a fortnightly basis and you can view the lunch and supper meals on the following webpages. The information is correct as at March 2015.
Please choose from the menu when the trolley arrives, we will endeavour to give you your first choice. If you require a special diet and nothing is suitable on the normal menu please speak to a nurse or dietitian.
Weekly Meal Plans
|Monday||Week 1||Week 2|
|Tuesday||Week 1||Week 2|
|Wednesday||Week 1||Week 2|
|Thursday||Week 1||Week 2|
|Friday||Week 1||Week 2|
|Saturday||Week 1||Week 2|
|Sunday||Week 1||Week 2|
Nut allergy advice
The food listed in these menus is prepared in an environment which may contain nuts: therefore we cannot eliminate the possibility of trace contamination in any dish.
Ward beverage service
A selection of hot and cold drinks is available with each meal and throughout the day with snacks.
Faith and ethnic meals
In addition to the main menu there is a range of meals available which can be ordered through the ward staff.
Continental breakfast will be served every morning with a choice of fruit juice, cereals, toast and preserves, yoghurt and fruit.
How We Can Help
If you would like help with any aspects of the service, menu content etc, please ask a member of staff who will be happy to help you, or get someone to come and see you.
The aims of the Catering team are:
- We will give you the chance to choose foods you like eating, get them to you at the right time and serve them in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Our menus will be designed so that you can easily find suitable and interesting dishes.
- Hot food will be hot and cold foods will be chilled.
- We will serve the foods to you as soon as possible after they are ready so that they taste and look good.
- Our ward team will always be on hand to help you with ordering, eating and any other needs you may have with the Mealtime Service.
- Our menus will always be checked by qualified dieticians so that you get the right foods.
- If you are on a special diet then this will be prescribed by your doctor or dietician. If you do not understand your diet then please ask to see a dietician.
- Our menus will offer you foods which have been prepared in ways which respect your cultural needs or religious beliefs.
- We will try and make meal times as comfortable for you as possible. We will try and keep other activity on the ward to a minimum so you can enjoy your meals in peace.
- Our 24 Hour Service will be genuinely available 24 hours a day.
- We want you to let us know what you think about the food and meals services. If you have comments, please us the form provided or ask to talk to someone from the catering team.
The Trust is modernising its catering services in line with the “Improving the Patient Experience” initiative, to find out more about this and about our catering facilities, please click on the links below: