At Ashford and St. Peter’s we are proud of the excellent care we provide for our patients and of our role as an important local employer.
We were licenced as a Foundation Trust from December 1st, 2010.
Annual Members' Meeting Postponed
I am sorry to say that we are having to postpone our Virtual Annual Members meeting on the 23rd of September due to a technical issue. We want to give you, our community, the best virtual experience we can.
We anticipate the new date will be in early October and we will advise on this and the joining instructions as soon as possible. I do hope this has not inconvenienced you in anyway and I look forward to welcoming you soon.
With best wishes,
What is a Foundation Trust?
NHS Foundation Trusts are membership organisations and are run differently. All the 3,600 staff of Ashford & St. Peter’s are members of the Foundation Trust and members of the public can become members, too. Currently, there are nearly 11,000 members in total.
Foundation status gives the Trust the opportunity to take control of its own destiny to the benefit of patients, staff and members. Ashford & St. Peter’s is not only my workplace, it is also my local hospital. I need and want it to be the best.
As a NHS Foundation Trust we have greater freedom and scope to provide even better services for our patients and the communities that we serve.
We have greater financial freedom and are now able to keep and invest any money we generate in new services, equipment and buildings.
We are able to look at new commercial initiatives and partnerships to support and develop patient care.
As a NHS Foundation Trust we will continue to build on our 4 values, the ‘4 Ps’:
- Patients first;
- Personal responsibility;
- Passion for excellence; and
- Pride in our team.
You can find out more about the Foundation Trust process on the NHS Improvement website.
- Annual Report and Accounts 2018/19
- Annual Review 2018/19
- Becoming a Governor - Information Sheet
- Annex 1 - The Public Constituency
- Annex 2 - The Staff Constituency
- Annex 4 - Composition of Council of Governors
- Annex 5 - The Model Election Rules
- Annex 6 - Additional Provisions – Council of Governors
- Annex 7 - Standing Orders for Council of Governors
- Annex 8 - Standing Orders for Board of Directors
- Annex 9 - Further Provisions
- Register of Interests of the Council of Governors (Aug 2020)
- Register of Members of the Council of Governors (Aug 2020)
- Code of Conduct
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
More documentation can be found on these pages as well as our Trust resource centre.