The Ashford & St Peter's Parents & Professionals Together Group (*MSLC) is made up of midwives, health visitors, breastfeeding specialists, antenatal and postnatal educators, children's centre workers and of course local parents who care passionately about local maternity services. We work together to look at the way services are structured and designed and together, we make recommendations for improvements.
Our Mission Statement is:
'All parents having a baby should experience high-quality care in a centre of excellence. As a team of parents and professionals we will monitor care, maintain improvements and motivate change. We will ensure that staff participate in and support the work of the MSLC* ensuring that the advice given contributes to developing services. One of our key priorities is to ensure good communication links between the MSLC* and the multidisciplinary forums where professionals and users can monitor and improve the safety and quality of maternity services'
*MSLC - Maternity Service Liaison Committee
Maternity Information Evenings
|1st Wednesday evening of the Month||Parent Education Room Abbey Wing, ASPH||7pm|
Women/Birth Partners/Friends/Family all welcome – A great chance to meet the Midwifery team who can offer advice and information to expectant parents about all aspects of pregnancy and childbirth and the facilities on offer at ASPH.
|Monthly – see Facebook for upcoming dates||Parent Education Room Abbey Wing, ASPH||10.30am - 12pm|
Meet other expectant or new parents and talk to the Midwifery team about the Maternity Service. Refreshments provided, babies & children are welcome as a play-area and toys are available. So please do come along if you are keen to input and make a difference for your local maternity services!
For More Information
Find us on Facebook: https://www.2343ec78a04c6ea9d80806345d31fd78-gdprlock/AshfordStPetersMSLC
Your MSLC needs you!
Would you like to become more involved with the Maternity Service at Ashford & St Peter's? Then please read on....
Your MSLC needs to have more input from women and families and other birth workers involved with the service. If you have any spare time you can volunteer, there are a number of ways you can become involved:
- Facebook - Managing/Posting & Promoting the MSLC and Abbey Birth Centre pages
- Coffee Mornings - Hosting/meeting & greeting at an informal monthly coffee morning held for women, families and Midwives to discuss the service (Dates can be booked to suit you)
- Maternity Information Evenings - Attendance at a monthly information evening for prospective users of the service and giving tours
- Walking The Patch - speaking with women & families currently using the service either antenatally in clinic areas or postnatally on Joan Booker ward, to gain an insight into their experiences and areas for commendation or consideration
- Ad Hoc - Meetings with the Senior Leadership Team, involvement with reviews and audits, external promotion of the MSLC and the Maternity Service at ASPH